Collision Insurance To-Do’s
If you’ve been involved in a collision that may result in a claim, contact your insurance representative as soon as possible. If you are making a claim against another driver, you should notify him or her as quickly as possible. It’s also a good idea to notify the other driver’s insurance company of the claim yourself; don’t assume that the other driver has done so. Don Valley Auto Collision Centre is approved by majority of auto insurance companies such as: TD Insurance, RBC, Unifund (to name a few). Contact us to find out if your vehicle is covered at Don Valley Auto Collision Centre.
What to do in case of a car accident?
The most important thing to do when you are involved in a car accident is to stay calm. In case of an accident, it is your choice which collision centre you choose to repair your vehicle. Ensure to report the accident to the police if anyone is injured or total damages exceed $1,000. Remember to exchange information with other driver(s).
Information to Collect
- Name, phone, address of all drivers, passengers and witnesses involved in the accident
- License plate numbers, driver’s license numbers
- Insurance companies of all drivers involved
- Registered owners of all cars
- Year, model, make and other relevant information of all cars involved
- Names and badge numbers of police offers and other emergency personnel
- Photograph and document the accident
- Remove belongings from your vehicle
IMPORTANT: In case of an accident the insured and authorized driver must report and submit a written deposition (claim form) to the insurance company no later than 48 hours after the accident.